Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Vatja Hungary...my new hometown!

Below are some shots of Vatja Hungary plus some campus-life shots. The move out here has been pretty stretching; i.e.- loosing conveniences i take for granted, living in a remote part of the country without a car in a Christian bubble. There has also been a handful of challenges; i.e.- caught the flu my first week, my computer crashed a couple days ago... oh well. I believe the Lord has me out here to guide me out of my comfort zone & gently break me down... He is doing well! I could use prayer in regards to getting adapting to this new environment...

*Pictures*
1st Pic) Downtown Vatja 2nd) Local Ostrich farm 3rd) even the trucks look different! 4th) hi!




























































5th pic) My roommate Fabian from Germany giving up the West coast W









6th) My roommate Adriel from California relentlessly Skyping his girlfriend










7th) My Hungarian tutor Daniel on a coffee break during our first session.

5 comments:

Blstanzel said...

Hey Garrett! Glad to hear you are here now. Come on over to Pecs whenever you want to get away. Balazs will be there on the 27th for a pastor's conference. I will come on Saturday to hang out and pick him up. So we will see you then. Hang in there- God works in these times!
Leah

Unknown said...

Garrette,
i miss ye bro..."give a shout" to Phil and joy for me.
b

Long Drums said...

hey man, sending you warm vibes from norcal. love the picture of downtown. reminds me of danville, circa never. much love, bro.
joe

da2hill said...

GARRETT! I'm proud of you bro... may the Lord do His business in your life... pray'n for your adaptation to the new environment!

Greg and Edna Silva said...

Hey Garrett,

Your photos made me a little homesick for Vajta. I took one in town of that same house.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/
wedesirehim/2335782698/
(if you want to see the same view a year ago)

Anyway, I know it can be a little tough there at times in the "bubble", but hang in there and know that you are in our prayers.

-Greg